Variable Data Printing Specialist
Weldon, Williams & Lick, Inc.
Purpose:Manipulate data from clients to print accurately on each ticket.
Reports to:LSLT Supervisor
Job Type:Full Time
Duties & Responsibilities:
- After receiving data from ticketing software companies in a variety of data formats, manipulate data to meet in-house specifications that are required for further production processes.
- Individual will work closely with account managers and graphic artists to ensure all variable data is converted accurately.
- Upgrade existing conversion programs into current software language to make them more user-friendly and ensure all conversions are practicable and comprehensible.
- Trouble-shoot any data problems that arise.
- Ensure conversion programs cover all required specifications for their purpose as well as meeting all the client’s requirements, including such functions as sorting, casing, concatenating, error trapping, look up tables and more.
- All jobs are time sensitive, and therefore this individual must effectively manage time and prioritize to meet deadlines.
- During peak seasons, individual must be able to work extended hours during the week and occasionally on weekends, as needed.
- Must like working with people in a team-oriented setting.
- Assist throughout the office and plant as requested.
- Maintain safe work environment for yourself, as well as others.
- Keep work station clean and organized.
Education / Experience Required:
- Individual must have extensive Variable Digital Printing experience.
- Requires Adobe InDesign experience or knowledge.
- Experience working in a production environment.
Qualifications / Skills Needed:
Strong knowledge in Excel, Macros, Java Script are required
Individual must be able to work in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines.
Tools and Equipment Used:
Computer, bar code scanner, phone.
- Overtime may be expected.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Attendance is essential in this position; must be reliable, dependable and punctual.
- Must be able to lift five pounds and greater.
- Bending, stretching and light lifting required.
- Extensive use of computer required.
- Extensive use of telephone required.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
This is an onsite working position in an office environment. Noise level is usually moderate.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
WW&L provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.