Posted on August 11, 2017 at 1:24 pm
Second Flexo Operator
Weldon, Williams & Lick, Inc.
Purpose: Responsible for set up and operation of press in accordance with press operator specifications.
Reports to: Flexo Department Supervisor
Job Type: Full Time
- Assist press operators with set up, operation and maintenance of Flexo press in accordance with established company guidelines.
- Make adjustments to plates, rollers, ink wells and stock.
- Monitor equipment during process for quality and consistency of finished product.
- Apply chemicals, inks and cleaning solvents to press for proper operation.
- Clean, oil, grease, adjust, repair and service equipment.
- Identify opportunities to reduce spoiled work and increase productivity.
- Ensure all safety guards and procedures are observed.
- Maintain record of work time spent and materials used per order.
- Assist throughout the department and plant as requested, operating related equipment to facilitate workflow.
- Maintain and clean work area.
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of printing techniques and a thorough understanding of Flexographic printing.
- Familiarity with printing operations and WW&L guidelines and procedures.
- The ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- The ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, and the ability to read a ruler.
- The ability to run all presses and equipment in designated department.
- Overtime will be expected.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Must have excellent color perception.
- Attendance is essential in this position; must be reliable, dependable and punctual.
The following statistics are meant as guides to help you set goals to increase your production speed.
- The ability to lift 50 pounds and greater several times a shift.
- Extensive walking and standing required.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
High school diploma or equivalent. Similar work experience is preferred.
Working continuously with heavy equipment and moving parts. Ear plugs must be worn if noise level exceeds 85 dBA.
WW&L provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.