Posted on August 10, 2017 at 5:37 pm
LSLT Art Department
Reports to LSLT Supervisor
Purpose: Produce layouts and artwork in accordance with customer specifications and established guidelines for quality, accuracy and speed set forth by WW&L.
- Produce layouts and artwork on MAC/PC and or Macintosh publishing system.
- Keyboard and/or format copy and logos to produce typeset gallyes or full-page layouts on film or plate material.
- Create finished artwork as assigned by supervisor.
- Prepares job specifications by selecting type faces and size, colors, sizes etc.
- Create line drawing and other freehand artwork and /or alters those taken form source material.
- Review customer coy and job instructions to determine the mark-up, fonts, keyboard set-up, program, and adjustments needed.
- Select sizes and crops photographs furnished by client or others.
- Processes file on output device and develops film output.
- Monitors and adjusts output device density and developer chemicals, and changes chemicals as needed.
- Identify opportunities to reduce spoiled work where possible.
- Ensure all safety guards and procedures are observed.
- Maintain record of work time spent and materials used per order.
- Assist throughout the department and plant as requested, operating related equipment to facilitate workflow.
- Maintain and clean work area.
Skills and Abilities:
- Expert knowledge of MAC/PC and or Macintosh operating systems.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Acrobat and all applicable software.
- Familiarity with printing operations and WW&L & Worldwide Ticketcraft guidelines and procedures.
- The ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- The ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Occasional travel may be expected.
- Overtime will be expected.
- Must have excellent color perception.
- Attendance is essential in this position, must be reliable, dependable and punctual.
- Must be able to lift 10 pounds and greater.
- Extensive sitting required.
- Extensive use of computer and mouse.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Bachelors degree in layout and design or equivalent work experience. Extensive experience with MAC/PC and or Macintosh computers.
This position is required to work onsite in office environment. Noise level is usually moderate.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.